Friday, November 10, 2006

So Stars it is

I have finally decided to just play at PokerStars from now on. No idea why it has taken me so long since it is the obvious choice, but it's not like I've put a lot of time and effort into poker this month. They just have more games at all levels and really good software and once you play there a bit their 'rakeback' isn't THAT bad, either. Or at least, it could be worse.
Anyway, since anyone familiar with Stars' player rewards setup knows, playing there is only really worthwhile if you are a supernova, which I can't possibly accomplish this year, since I have only collected 10k FPP so far. So, my goal for 2007 shall be to reach Supernova status no later than May 1st. 25k points per month doesn't seem too unrealistic, as half a day of 3- or 4-tabling random mid-limit shorthanded tables gives you like 2k points, so I only need to be able to make myself play 10 days a month during a time with no soccer. Seems do-able.
Today I am going to Hamburg for 3 nights of live poker. I haven't played live in ages, and apparently the games there have changed a bit (well for one thing limit is now usually 20/40 instead of 10/20), but I am still pretty confident that I can make it a profitable weekend despite the fact that I am already 'down' 500 from hotel and gas. Wish me luck.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?